Monday, June 25, 2007

BSC Summer Vacation

Right now, I'm about halfway through this lovely book. I started reading last night when I was very sleepy. Not that it's a long book, and I am slightly above the reading level that is listed, but for some reason... Oh, that's right. I'm reading real books now. Oh well. I hate to say it, but 15 years after I read the last one of these books, I still like them.

Baby-sitter's Summer Vacation tells the tale of the time the Baby-Sitter's Club -- a group of 13 & 11 year old girls who for some reason decide to spend their spare time watching other people's children and running fundraisers for various reasons -- and the time they decided to go to camp. Of course they couldn't just go to camp like normal 13 & 11 year old girls in New England. They had to go to camp and be CITs. Pardon the fact that some camp is letting 13 year olds be CITs, and singling out 2 11 year olds to be jr. CITs, the whole situation was just weird. The BSC goes to camp, and suddenly a bunch of the townspeople decide to send their kids? They don't do this all the time ?

But first I want to mention the cover. Look at it. Which one is Dawn, which one is Stacey? We know which girl is Jessi, although it's not quite like I would have pictured. Shouldn't a ballerina be sort of thin and woman looking? All I can say is. Ew.

Stacey's little letter at the beginning amused me. She talked about why she didn't want to go to camp, but she's trying new things. For someone so sophisticated, she suddenly got very shy at the beginning of the book. Why did each BSC person sign their own name? Why do their signatures never change? There are so many fun questions.

But all and all. I still love these stupid, ridiculous, poorly edited books.

No comments: